In this position you will perform a variety of complicated electrical engineering tasks. This includes design and development activities in support of Marvel Fusion’s scientific mission and taking responsibility for projects or sub-projects within major projects or research programs.
These activities may include conceptualization, design, planning, implementation, and completion of assigned problems, tasks, and projects, which have a high degree of complexity and range in scope. Moreover, you will conduct, coordinate, and/or make significant contributions to large projects or multiple small projects utilizing independent judgment and decision making while working within schedule and budget constraints.
This position will be hired at a level commensurate with the business needs; and skills, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop conceptual designs of electrical systems, test prototypes, and associated diagnostics
- Provide engineering solutions to a variety of projects in one or more of the following technical areas:
analog and digital circuit design, process control systems, pulsed power and electromagnetics, diagnostics and sensor development, electro-optic systems, data acquisition systems and tester development, and facility electrical equipment and infrastructure
- Contribute to the detailed design process, component part fabrication, and unit assembly
- Generate detailed plans, schedules, and budgets for project activities
- Prepare supporting safety and engineering documentation and participate in engineering design reviews
- Participate in engineering testing operations, analyze results, and write reports
- Interface with other organizations, both internal and external, to complete various projects
- Test prototypes and associated diagnostics
- Work independently and with teams to solve complex problems that require analysis and creative use of established techniques and methods