The impact you will make
The Experiment and Laser Groups at Marvel Fusion are implementing a new research laboratory at an ultra-high-intensity, short-pulse laser facility in the Greater Munich area with the goal to demonstrate key features of our unique laser-driven fusion concept. Be part of the team that sets up the new target area from scratch, continues to perform the first measurements using our nanotargets in intense laser fields, creates novel diagnostic instruments with high fidelity, and demonstrates a path to fusion energy generation.
You will bring your expertise to the creation of the design, the prototype phase and the activities during the build and verification of the various phases. You will be actively involved in all stages of the process and contribute to the implementation of the project.
Activities will be performed in the Greater Munich area, with occasional travel to research facilities world-wide.
More specifically, you will:
- Independently conduct key experiment campaigns regarding ultra-short laser pulse interaction with advanced targets which may include
- Manage planning, development and execution of experimental campaigns ·
- Be writing proposals and delivering presentations
- Perform data analysis and data reduction, and their comparison to numerical simulation results
- Undertake development, manufacturing, calibration and integration of new diagnostics for ultrashort laser-plasma interaction based on secondary sources of photons and particles
- Be part of a team and work collaboratively with scientists, engineers, and management to create a work plan, set project goals, and manage them to completion
- Be exchanging scientific results with peers and compare and evaluate the results with alternative methods
- Write reports and present findings to management and key stakeholders
- Be are a key element of defining and pursuing the forefront scientific mission of the company, following a strict code of ethics, and protecting any confidential information at all time